You’ve been going back and forth deciding which treatment is better for you, braces or Invisalign. Invisalign differs in many ways from braces, some of those ways that only people who have completed Invisalign are able to relate to. We’re here to give you a further feel of your future while completing Invisalign and what you will want to know before deciding if Invisalign is right for you.
- Cutting down on snacks is popular among those who have Invisalign. You’ll want to minimize the time spent without your trays on, since the optimal wear time is at least 20 hours a day. Not only is wear time an important factor when choosing how often to snack, but the consistency of having to remove and reinsert your trays will have you double guessing if that snack is really worth the bother. Aside from reducing snack time, Dr. R only recommends drinking water while wearing Invisalign.
- Persistency is the key to results. The wear time is crucial when it comes to your Invisalign treatment. Not wearing your trays will do more harm than good. When you choose not to wear your trays all the time, you’ll have to deal with pain when switching trays and could essentially delay length of treatment.
- Compared to braces, we know that they are less noticeable, but we don’t want you to think people won’t be able to tell there’s something on your teeth. Invisalign consists of tooth-colored bumps, called “attachments” that allow your retainers to stick and assist in the moving of your teeth. These attachments are what will be drawing attention to your teeth and Invisalign.
- The good news is, with Invisalign, it has proven to be less painful than braces. If a tray is cutting into your gums, try putting wax inside your tray before inserting or ask us to file down the edges of your trays. Pain relievers can also help to minimize the pain.
- We can’t tell you how many patients have been overwhelmed with how fast they are able to see results. With proper use and time, you’ll be able to see how fast your teeth are capable of moving and how much closer you are to achieving your dream smile!
Invisalign is worth it! Don’t be discouraged by the length of treatment or how responsible you’ll need to be during your Invisalign treatment, the results are worth it! The feeling when you complete treatment is like no other.
Contact us today for your consultation! 212-587-0202 or schedule your appointment here.