- Make sure to have someone available to be with you during your visit because you will feel lethargic after the surgery.
- Keep the gauze on your teeth clean because bleeding can occur for a couple of hours following surgery. Changing the gauze frequently helps keep the wound clean.
- Do not brush your teeth directly after the surgery.
Following Days After the Surgery:
- It is important to note that swelling and bruising can occur to the face. It is imperative to keep your head propped up on a pillow to avoid even more swelling that might occur when laying down and gently apply ice to your face.
- Quick tip! Do not drink from a straw and spit during rinsing your teeth. If you do such things, you can cause a further complication called dry socket.
What Should You Eat?
- Avoid any foods that are hard or chewy, such as crackers, candy, and gum.
- Choose softer foods, such as yogurt, pudding, ice cream, protein shakes, and mashed potatoes.
In any case, Premier Dental Associates of Lower Manhattan will take care of you every step of the way and we are here to answer any of your questions that might arise during the post operation process. Visit our websitefor information on this procedure or call us at 212-587-0202 to find out more.